closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 361 of 361 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361
Results 18,001 to 18,008 of 18008

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    ^^^And smashed it on your first attempt.
    Cheers - heading to Scandinavia this year

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Maybe I should loop the two rear corner straps under the tail, so they're both going from one side of the bike to the other?

Does your rear seat detach? If so is there somewhere you could attach a strap too on the chassis ( not the seat)

I maybe wrong but I can see a slot under the rear seat, can you use a Roc strap type fixing here?

Maybe I should loop the two rear corner straps under the tail, so they're both going from one side of the bike to the other?

The starting point is to get some decent straps, makes the job so much easier as you can adjust tension forward and aft.
    Can recommend these.

ROK Straps. Not cheap, but they work well.

Just learnt that the Manor Farm Cafe at Bellerby has new management. The hours and menu have slowly built up and it seems to be fully operational now.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Isn`t it cute to see someone taking their first steps on the long and steep learning curve
    I always supposed that once I progress from my 125 I'd be getting a top box, now I know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Does your rear seat detach? If so is there somewhere you could attach a strap too on the chassis ( not the seat)

I maybe wrong but I can see a slot under the rear seat, can you use a Roc strap type fixing here?
    The underside of the bag has a strap that can go under the removable pillion seat.

Annoyingly those slots are far too narrow to fit anything in. I had been counting on them without having taken a proper look. Oops. Having learnt that lesson, have now checking that the straps are long enough to complete an across, down, under and up circuit of the tail.

The day I load up and travel, I'll have oodles of time, so I'm sure trial and error will get it to a satisfactory arrangement

Master
    I always supposed that once I progress from my 125 I'd be getting a top box, now I know for sure.

The underside of the bag has a strap that can go under the removable pillion seat.

Annoyingly those slots are far too narrow to fit anything in. I had been counting on them without having taken a proper look. Oops. Having learnt that lesson, have now checking that the straps are long enough to complete an across, down, under and up circuit of the tail.

The day I load up and travel, I'll have oodles of time, so I'm sure trial and error will get it to a satisfactory arrangement
    I personally would be cautious of securing a roll bag solely to a removable pillion seat.

The latching mechanism is normally a spigot with a recess going into a hole which has a slider catch enabling removal and refitting. In proper use the pillion has someone's derrier pushing it down. The leverage and potential push back from you on the riders seat could be enough force to detach the seat and roll bag.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    I would be cautious of securing a roll bag solely to a removable pillion seat.
    I'm not going to.

There's the underside strap going under the locked down pillion seat.

There will be two straps going to and from the rear corners of the bag, ducking under the tail by two different routes.

From each of the two front corners will be straps going down the sides of the bike.

Master
    Blog Entries

I would buy a rear rack to give better options.

I have lots of bags that have mounting points,D rings etc.

Like this one I still find it much more secure as described below.

https://www.lomo.co.uk/products/15l-...AuOTg3NjcwODIx

In the end the best way to secure any bag is 2 straps crossed over using Rok straps.

https://rokstraps.com/
    Last edited by bwest76; Today at 10:23.