timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fury vs Usyk

Master
    Rematch should be dynamite!

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Rematch should be dynamite!
    I'd expect Fury to get more of a drubbing next time around.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    should have been stopped in rd 9 , fury was bouncing round like a pinball.
    Why should it have been stopped?
    He took a count and could defend himself afterwards and the bell meant he could recover.
    That's boxing.
    Congratulations to Usyk he took some good shots and didn't really waver.

Fury vs Usyk

What’s with Fury’s skirt-shorts? Can’t see that look going mainstream

Master
    Barry McGuigan called the fight in the pre fight commentary, I can see Fury getting his arse kicked at the rematch and then retiring. Whether he was just being fed bull from his corner when his trainer said he just had to win the last round when it was plain to everyone watching he was getting his arse kicked was surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    Barry McGuigan called the fight in the pre fight commentary, I can see Fury getting his arse kicked at the rematch and then retiring. Whether he was just being fed bull from his corner when his trainer said he just had to win the last round when it was plain to everyone watching he was getting his arse kicked was surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yet the official result was a split decision.

I’ve enjoyed watching Fury fight over the years but have grown increasingly uncomfortable with the antics of the people around him. Watching the video of his father headbutting a young lad and wondering why he was still walking around free to grimace and gurn afterwards and not be put in his place by Tyson or the management suggested team Fury is too big for its boots and needs a dressing down. The contrast with the calm and professional demeanour of team Usyk had me wanting to hear there was a good fight but that Usyk wins and the belts are held by someone who deserves them. Watching the match back, the best boxer won.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    should have been stopped in rd 9 , fury was bouncing round like a pinball.
    Refereeing was shocking - Fury took 10 straight head shots with no attempt to defend himself and it should have been stopped right there. He was out on his feet.

Master
    Certainly one of the best HW fights for many years, Usyk one by 4 rounds easily, for once the fight was worth the entrance fee!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    I’ve enjoyed watching Fury fight over the years but have grown increasingly uncomfortable with the antics of the people around him. Watching the video of his father headbutting a young lad and wondering why he was still walking around free to grimace and gurn afterwards and not be put in his place by Tyson or the management suggested team Fury is too big for its boots and needs a dressing down. The contrast with the calm and professional demeanour of team Usyk had me wanting to hear there was a good fight but that Usyk wins and the belts are held by someone who deserves them. Watching the match back, the best boxer won.
    John fury is unsavory for sure but let's not forget that usyks manager was talking about fury having his bitch (wife) hit him with a frying pan to delay the fight,

Hardly a paragon of virtue

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    What’s with Fury’s skirt-shorts? Can’t see that look going mainstream
    What's with his big wobbly gut? Is he naturally a lard arse? Or is it that he was unprepared and just believed his own hype?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Classless from Fury
    He has never had any class.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    What's with his big wobbly gut? Is he naturally a lard arse? Or is it that he was unprepared and just believed his own hype?
    This fight was actually the best condition I’ve seen fury in

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I'd expect Fury to get more of a drubbing next time around.
    No he wins next time with another controversial decision and then theres a 3rd fight.

Modern boxing gets closer to wrestling by the hour.
    RIAC

The posts in March on this thread stand as an archetype in group think and/or cognitive bias.

How you doing Tyson, you big dosser!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    No he wins next time with another controversial decision and then theres a 3rd fight.

Absolutely. Tyson wins the next one to set up round 3. Everyone gets paid, happy days

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Great fight but Usyk all day long.

Three rounds each in the first six (shared), with Fury getting some great momentum in from round four.
    Both gave a good account of themselves (DURING the right, not so much after).

Rope kept him from falling in the 9th of course, hence the standing count. Should really have been stopped before that in my opinion. He was battered and out, if Usyk was mercenary he could have probably gave him another whilst he was out on his feet. Ridiculous that it was allowed to go to the 'rope save.' I know he fought on, but boxer's safety should be pararamount. At this point he'd already lost his faculties (not just with a one blow knockdown but with a dangerous for (for the brain) series of punches). To be saved by the bell, get up and then fight on another three rounds taking punches from the best around doesn't befit the safety aspects of the modern boxing era. It's not like the Wilder knockdown where he was caught once, slept, and got up. That was some sustained punishment to take and then have to fight on for rounds.

Although he talked nonsense at the end, Fury proved that he's a hard man and deserved to grace the ring and have a rematch. That was some punishment in the 9th, to fight on proves he is a genuine warrior.

However, make no mistake, Usyk is the better fighter. AJ x2 and now Fury on his CV, this man stands alone as the best heavyweight of this generation. It is even more remarkable that he's not a heavyweight by nature. He is a supreme prize fighter.

Fury has even said now that he needs to work better on his defence. He also needs to get rid of his idiot dad from the corner. It's not coincidence that he was better in his three fights with Wilder, purely because his dad isn't allowed visa entry to the USA.

Fury's corner telling him not to use certain tactics, and his dad throwing the exact opposite advice to his son. Whan an absolute complete waste of space and a hindrance.

If he is allowed to be there, it should be to pass the water and spit bucket betweens round, apply vasoline if needed, and keep his mouth shut. An idiot and an embarrassment.

Great fight, unanimous decision, Fury corruptly given a split decision. I am not a Fury disliker, I have cheered him on in all his fights since the comeback, but sometimes you just have to say: "you lost to a better man."

Blog Entries
    Also something I found hilarious...

I have been seeing pics of Fury looking so great for ages... some of the pics of him almost hinted on his abs trying to pop through the layer of loose skin that he'll carry from being 28 stone or whatever in the past.

Picture after picture of this lean, mean, skinny and almost shredeed and ripped fighting machine...

Then the fight arrives and still he looked like 'greeeeeedy belly.'
    Better nick than previous, recent fights.. but still.. what the actual... ??

Photoshop, you did them proud.

Master
    Agree that John Fury should be nowhere near his corner as the guy is a bum
    His trainer should make that a stipulation of him training him again
    The body fat thing is a non issue
    99.5% of folks would be blowing out their arse after 30 secs of boxing never mind 12 rounds
    He would have been supremely fit to go 12 rounds
    Larry Holmes always carried a decent amount of timber too.
    And Frank Bruno didn’t have an ounce of fat and was done after 5-6 rounds.

Next up the ‘Real’ Tyson fight

Usyk was way better, aggressive and on the front foot for most of the fight.

I don’t get why Fury was so passive as the bigger fighter with a longer reach he should have been setting the pace. Even towards the end Fury did not show any urgency at all. So busy showboating then trying to fight.

Should not have been split decision, not sure what the judges were watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    Great fight but Usyk all day long.

Three rounds each in the first six (shared), with Fury getting some great momentum in from round four.
    Both gave a good account of themselves (DURING the right, not so much after).

Rope kept him from falling in the 9th of course, hence the standing count. Should really have been stopped before that in my opinion. He was battered and out, if Usyk was mercenary he could have probably gave him another whilst he was out on his feet. Ridiculous that it was allowed to go to the 'rope save.' I know he fought on, but boxer's safety should be pararamount. At this point he'd already lost his faculties (not just with a one blow knockdown but with a dangerous for (for the brain) series of punches). To be saved by the bell, get up and then fight on another three rounds taking punches from the best around doesn't befit the safety aspects of the modern boxing era. It's not like the Wilder knockdown where he was caught once, slept, and got up. That was some sustained punishment to take and then have to fight on for rounds.

Although he talked nonsense at the end, Fury proved that he's a hard man and deserved to grace the ring and have a rematch. That was some punishment in the 9th, to fight on proves he is a genuine warrior.

However, make no mistake, Usyk is the better fighter. AJ x2 and now Fury on his CV, this man stands alone as the best heavyweight of this generation. It is even more remarkable that he's not a heavyweight by nature. He is a supreme prize fighter.

Fury has even said now that he needs to work better on his defence. He also needs to get rid of his idiot dad from the corner. It's not coincidence that he was better in his three fights with Wilder, purely because his dad isn't allowed visa entry to the USA.

Fury's corner telling him not to use certain tactics, and his dad throwing the exact opposite advice to his son. Whan an absolute complete waste of space and a hindrance.

If he is allowed to be there, it should be to pass the water and spit bucket betweens round, apply vasoline if needed, and keep his mouth shut. An idiot and an embarrassment.

Great fight, unanimous decision, Fury corruptly given a split decision. I am not a Fury disliker, I have cheered him on in all his fights since the comeback, but sometimes you just have to say: "you lost to a better man."
    Excellent overall summary, and his father, an absolute joke and embarrassment

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Absolutely this!!

Dancing bears

Wrestling is probably more believable than this nonsense

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I read numerous accounts of the fight but only got to watch it tonight, and none of the accounts of round 9 prepared me for that footage. I can’t believe it wasn’t stopped. If Usyk hadn’t been called the winner it would have been an outrage - Fury was given about 20 seconds to gather himself.

("WE'RE FIGHTING MEN!" ... OK John, sit down please.)

Haye has it about right here:

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/boxing/f...58/video.shtml

("WE'RE FIGHTING MEN!" ... OK John, sit down please.)

It would have been good to see Fury acknowledging his rescue in round 9, that the better man won etc, but no, it was one of the silliest decisions in boxing history, they preferred Usyk because of the war in Ukraine, etc.

("WE'RE FIGHTING MEN!" ... OK John, sit down please, and stop headbutting me.)
    Last edited by Tom-P; 21st May 2024 at 23:10.