closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ***IMPORTANT*** - GETTING A NEW PASSWORD FOR THE NEW FORUM

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    But I did post an announcement on the old forum back in June asking for people to make sure their e-mail address was current. I tried to ensure that the migration was as trouble-free as possible but the 173 e-mails I've responded to so far today suggests that it's a waste of time expecting people to take any responsibility for not being able to login. I'm not bothered, I'll just delete those who don't make it.

Eddie
    I did take heed of your announcement, checked that I got email from the forum and left well alone.

The purpose of my post was information to read only non-logged in old members and in no way criticism.

... Click! And we're back in the room!

I've missed you all.

Thanks to the guys who mentioned about avin a look in the Gmail spam folder...bloody gmail spam filtering, it's usually very good but this time I was sitting there for 20 minutes (while browsing around) refreshing my bloody inbox waiting for the new password mail! Sods! ;)

Phew, I´m back in! Thought I would have to re-register as the address from which I was trying to reset the password wasn´t recognised, Eddie sorted it though. Nice to be back.

After prompting from this thread I found my new password in the spam folder (didn't know there was such a thing) computers can be very mysterious to me.

Well done Wingy.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Another tip for Gmail users

I'm back at last. I use Gmail and, as someone has pointed out, while the first reset e-mail is received the second one (with your new password) goes into Gmail's spam folder. The only way of retrieving this is by accessing Gmail through your web browser and finding the spam folder - it won't be in your computer's e-mail (eg Outlook's) spam folder.

Quote Originally Posted by davide View Post
    I'm back at last. I use Gmail and, as someone has pointed out, while the first reset e-mail is received the second one (with your new password) goes into Gmail's spam folder. The only way of retrieving this is by accessing Gmail through your web browser and finding the spam folder - it won't be in your computer's e-mail (eg Outlook's) spam folder.

What happened to me as well.

Must admit this is the first time I have noticed gmail spam filter blocking things from Outlook, but having looked there I see a few other bits n bobs. Definitely need to remember this!

I haven't been on here for a while and must have missed the announcements, either through absence or blindness/stupidity. Sorry for bothering you for what seems to have been the umpteenth time Eddie.