closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IOS 6.1.

Thomas Reid

IOS 6.1.

For those of you who were thinking of upgrading, according to the register, "Vodafone has urged iPhone 4S owners to not upgrade to iOS 6.1, the latest available, because it believes the software jams 3G and phone connections.".

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02...tware_problem/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21411970

Best wishes,
    Bob

It's caused a few problems regarding blue tooth connectivity in cars and also a new Arcam product called rBlink. I've had to send my stock back to Arcam for firmware updates... bl***y Apple.

Rod

Curiously, my Nokia 6310 has not been affected by this.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie

Master

Eddie
    Would you like a spare 1 Eddie ?

Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    Would you like a spare 1 Eddie ?
    I already have 3 but another is fine :-)

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

There's also a problem with iOS 6.1 not handling meeting invitations properly in Outlook.

The smallest room in the entire Apple HQ is occupied by the 'team' that does regression testing...

Master
    I already have 3 but another is fine :-)

Eddie
    I'll dig it out and pop it in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    The smallest room in the entire Apple HQ is occupied by the 'team' that does regression testing...
    I don't believe there is such a room. The evidence suggests that all regression testing is carried out by the user-base.

Craftsman
    both my wife and myself have never got beyond 20 seconds on ANY phone call since we downloaded the bloody 6.1 upgrade on iphone 4S's...

O2 refuses to listen to our problems...

Master
    What is it with people who horde 6310's my old man has several and numerous spare batteries just in case.

I've noticed a weird problem on my 4S since I installed 6.1 — if my phone loses signal, for example in a lift, it isn't always reconnecting when it's clearly back within coverage. I'm on Three.

I've not seen any deterioration in battery life, though, and no problems with Outlook.

Works fine on my 2009 3GS and my wife's 4S.

How are you getting on with Jelly Bean on your 2010 Dell, Bob ;-)

Paul

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Works fine on my 2009 3GS and my wife's 4S.

How are you getting on with Jelly Bean on your 2010 Dell, Bob ;-)

Paul

Thanks for you interest. The phone officially uses Android Gingerbread, although it is a actually a custom ROM from December.

It is working well, thanks. And, interestingly, it actually keeps improving.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I've noticed a weird problem on my 4S since I installed 6.1 — if my phone loses signal, for example in a lift, it isn't always reconnecting when it's clearly back within coverage. I'm on Three.

I've not seen any deterioration in battery life, though, and no problems with Outlook.
    My 5 has this problem - e.g. coming out of the tube. Has had since Xmas. Doubt it's iOS6.1-related.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    What is it with people who horde 6310's my old man has several and numerous spare batteries just in case.
    6310s are what the cockroaches will use to call each other after the world has ended in a nuclear holocaust.. :)

Cheers,

Plug

IOS 6.1.

6.1.1 with 3g fix is out.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    The 6310 is the MilSub of the mobile-phone world.

Eddie
    Nor my 6230

What a shame it's practically impossible to roll back to iOS 6.0 from 6.1, typical Apple total control of their software.
    As the news states, vodafone have recommended people don't upgrade and the battery life on the iphone5, is now non existant, because the phone keeps polling the basestation??
    At least with Android you get developed custom ROM's, from the XDA developers site :).
    I gave up on my iphone, when I wanted stereo headset streaming and it wasn't totally supported (Controls didn't work), went over to an Android phone (Samsung SII) and everything worked perfectly!

Reading this I'm glad I stopped as iOs6.0.1

Err, 6.1.1 is out. Installed on my wife's 4S in minutes. Made absolutely no difference - it still works absolutely perfectly just as it did before the update.

Typical Apple, providing a simple update to get a UK carrier's issue resolved

Paul

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. The battery life on my iPhone 5 is excellent. I can often last 2 days without charging and I use it for an hour of streaming audio per day plus Twitter, surfing, texting and phone calls. The only iOS 6 issue I've had was occasional corruption of the keyboard in iOS 6.0. This was fixed in 6.0.1.

A problem was found with iOS 6.1 for the 4S and this was fixed in about a week. This is great service as far as I'm concerned. It is impossible to release software with no bugs (I work for a software company). What a developer needs to do is address bugs speedily which is what Apple have done. I'm not sure the same thing could happen in the Android world where so much of the software is outside of Google's control. That's why I bought my wife a Nexus 4 to replace her Xperia Ray.

There's no fuss. Online news journals write such things as they know the passionate will seize on them to support "their" platform. It's called "link bait", intended to drive page views and thus increase advertising revenue.

Seems to have worked

Paul