Quote Originally Posted by BruceS
Yes it would bother me. If it says Swiss Made then that's what I expect. Same with German, with the exception of Swiss movements. But then is it a German made case with a "Swiss" movement or is it a German made case with a Swiss/Asian movement all assembled in Germany?

At least the Japanese are honest. Just because it's a Seiko, Citizen, or Casio doesn't mean it's made in Japan, and they tell you on the caseback where it's made!
Hi, have to agree with you on this one. My Seikos tell me if they were made in Japan or elsewhere either on the dial or caseback. I do see people paying more for "J" marked models than for the same model marked "K".

I have nothing against Asian manufacturers - several of my favorite watches are Seikos and not all of them are marked "J" :D What I resent is being taken for a fool by some manufacturers. Its sort of akin to thinking that a world class surgeon is going to be cutting on you, you go under, and while you are unable to discern a change is made and the "Fellow" actually does the surgery while the World class surgeon is playing the back 9. :evil: