closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which IWC?

Master

Which IWC?

I find their present range rather uninspiring but I am willing to overlook that. It is after a lot of thoughts I have narrowed down to their Portugieser collection.

I don't like their new Pilot collection apart from the Big Pilot which will remain a classic, but not in a ceramic case.

Most of their Ingenieur collection is now too big and that gets thrown out.

The Portofino hand wound has been in and out of my short list since its launch but is is slightly too big for my wrist.

I am still undecided about the new Aquatimer range.

It is this one that ticks my fancy, rather than the production hand wound.

What do people think and about their present offerings?

Lovely design BUT the lume is such a different colour to the seconds dial, and the font for the 3, 6 & 9 is not in keeping

Another IWC miss I'm afraid

Craftsman
    Echo the above, it looks like a re-dial from India or Thailand on eBay, not a brand new watch from IWC. Love the design but think the difference between the hands and dial lume is to marked.

Master
    I like quite a few of their present offerings.... But not this example I'm afraid. Looks a mishmash.

I've got an Ingineur incoming. It's my first IWC so ill let you know what I think once it arrives.

Really like there Portugieser range, in particular the 500705 with the blue hands.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Another IWC miss I'm afraid
    I think so too. Who is going to pay over £8k for that?

It looks better from the back:

Master
    Blog Entries
    It begs the question if your having to overlook the fact you find the whole range a little uninspired, perhaps you should be looking else where?!
    I've had a couple of slightly older IWC's but the brand new stuff doesn't appeal to me either. The only one I do like is the blue dialled Portifino.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ellomoto View Post
    Echo the above, it looks like a re-dial from India or Thailand on eBay, not a brand new watch from IWC. Love the design but think the difference between the hands and dial lume is to marked.
    The dial "lume" is just green paint. Strange choice, but it would have been stranger still if it was lume since the hands don't have any.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    Thanks all.
    It is the fact the many different parts simply don't add up. I love the movement but I agree the dial and hands don't work together.
    You are paying more money and you also lose the deployant in the standard model for a buckle!
    Maybe a rethink.

Quote Originally Posted by ellomoto View Post
    Really? What is your experience with redialing in India?

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
    Really like there Portugieser range, in particular the 500705 with the blue hands.
    That would also be my choice :)

How about Portugieser Yacht Club chronograph ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I've got an Ingineur incoming. It's my first IWC so ill let you know what I think once it arrives.
    Hope it is the 323906, I'd be really keen to hear your opinion if it is!

Journeyman
    Does it have to be new? Their older Pilot series are nice

This

Or this

They still have a lot of great watches in current line up if you don't want preowned.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 25th October 2015 at 17:35.

Craftsman

iwc selection

If you prefer something "a little smaller" than the bulkier watches there is a midsized Ingenieur 3228 which might fit the bill.

I agree with your and other comments....I am not a fan of the new ranges ( including the see through backs) but do understand the "commercial" reasoning behind them.

Spend some time looking through some of the IWC year books at earlier models. There are some superb choices to be considered.

The white dial Aquatimer shown is a superb watch, also available with a black dial ( I've had both of them ) and well suited to those looking for smaller diameter watches

Good Hunting

Ivan
    iwcforme
    Last edited by Ivan Melbourne; 25th October 2015 at 18:35.