closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega customer service.

Omega customer service.

Thought i'd post this to highlight the service that i received from Omega.
    My watch developed s problem with the date advance at around 18 minths old,it's a 45 mm PO,this was carried out under warrenty and the watch returned.Fast forward 3 years,which makes the watch 4.5 years old.
    The watch now won't old a charge for more than 10 hours or so before stopping.
    I decide to speak with the dealer that i bought the watch from,he advises that the watch is returned to Omega outside of warrenty.
    Omega state it needs a service and will charge for it.
    I request to speak to a manager and state the history of the watch regarding the date issue and that in 4.5 years it has had to be returned twice.
    Eventually they sgree to service it for nothing.
    I'm interested in peoples thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones2 View Post
    I request to speak to a manager and state the history of the watch regarding the date issue and that in 4.5 years it has had to be returned twice.
    Eventually they sgree to service it for nothing.
    If the watch gets fixed for free then I reckon alls well that ends well but I feel sorry for the trouble you have had up to now with your PO.

What movement?
    It's just a matter of time...

At the end of the day, you are having the watch serviced outside warranty - what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    At the end of the day, you are having the watch serviced outside warranty - what's not to like?
    Agree,i was happy with the result,worth not accepting their first decision.

Master
    If you haven't already, now's as good a time as any to clue yourself up on the Sales of Goods Act.
    Your contract is with the seller, not the manufacturer – but often for expediency, the manufacturer will handle the issue.

Master
    Sounds like a decent result to me. Well done for persevering.

I had a similar experience with swatch group. They replaced the crystal on my 10 year old rado jubilee after it fell off. The service was completely free.

Master
    Am I the only one to be unimpressed that an extremely expensive, allegedly high quality watch should develop 2 major faults within 5 years? Really not good enough!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Am I the only one to be unimpressed that an extremely expensive, allegedly high quality watch should develop 2 major faults within 5 years? Really not good enough!!
    True enough, and I am on board with the Sale of Goods Act stuff, but these are very finely tuned incredibly complex tiny mechanical engines, so occasional failures and break-downs don't surprise me when you remember that.

Whilst the majority of watches can get to four and a half years old without having to be repaired and so having one that has two problems in that time can be seen as annoying, Omega have sorted your problems for free...the second time a good while after the repair's warranty has expired. I presume this latest fix will get a further two years warranty. I say Omega have done very well for you in the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Whilst the majority of watches can get to four and a half years old without having to be repaired and so having one that has two problems in that time can be seen as annoying, Omega have sorted your problems for free...the second time a good while after the repair's warranty has expired. I presume this latest fix will get a further two years warranty. I say Omega have done very well for you in the circumstances.
    Agreed, it's a good result and nice to hear a positive story about Omega's customer service.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Agreed, it's good to hear a positive story about Omega's customer service
    I've heard nothing but good? Including my own experiences... Is Omega's customer service known to be bad? If so, that's a surprise to me.

Faults will occur with any complex mechanism: it is how they are dealt with that tells one about the company. Bad luck to be the one that gets the fault(s) but good to know it was settled well (albeit through the OP's perseverance).

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I've heard nothing but good? Including my own experiences... Is Omega's customer service known to be bad? If so, that's a surprise to me.
    I've read about a few bad experiences with the Swatch group, but then people are more likely to post about their frustrations than if they simply get good service.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Ditto for me. I've heard of a negative perception of Omega servicing and poor service experiences on Watchuseek but these have been nearly all US based scenarios. In my experience Omega servicing / service in the UK at least has been exceptional (admittedly based on one service and one return to remove dust from the dial)

cheers
    jim

I've had a few watches like this (Panerai and Rolex) and on every occasion I've had them fixed (usually for free having complained long and hard to the Retailer) and either had a replacement or a refund. Interestingly never had a similar problem with a Seiko/Casio/Precista - I don't think QC is where it should be on watches which now cost as much as a decent car new - especially 3 handed watches with something simple like a date complication. I'm not bashing any particular brand - they're all mass produced after all, so their QC robots need a tweak imho!!

My experience of Swatch in the UK has been superb. Sent a few Omegas to them over the years, they've always done a great job.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    My experience of Swatch in the UK has been superb. Sent a few Omegas to them over the years, they've always done a great job.
    I'd agree with this which mirrors my experience with Omega Service Centre.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I've had a few watches like this (Panerai and Rolex) and on every occasion I've had them fixed (usually for free having complained long and hard to the Retailer) and either had a replacement or a refund. Interestingly never had a similar problem with a Seiko/Casio/Precista - I don't think QC is where it should be on watches which now cost as much as a decent car new - especially 3 handed watches with something simple like a date complication. I'm not bashing any particular brand - they're all mass produced after all, so their QC robots need a tweak imho!!
    I agree - I can't believe that people seem to keen to let these expensive brands off the hook! Perfectly decent watches that are extremely accurate, reliable and tough are available for £50 (or less) - if I was to pay something in the £000s I want an absolutely premium quality product. Going wrong within a few years is simply not acceptable.

Going wrong is something that happens from time to time - that's why there IS a warranty! The fact a brand honours both the warranty, and then exceeds it is a good thing.

I think some members are out of their tiny minds - why should a company pay up for something that is outside its warranty? Why - because it's nice and good PR - but shouldn't be expected, and servicing a watch (at some point) is basic bloody maintenance!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer42 View Post
    Ditto for me. I've heard of a negative perception of Omega servicing and poor service experiences on Watchuseek but these have been nearly all US based scenarios. In my experience Omega servicing / service in the UK at least has been exceptional (admittedly based on one service and one return to remove dust from the dial)

cheers
    jim
    I had an absolutely terrible service from Swatch UK with my 2254. Sent for a service and a new crystal which was scratched. Returned 3 months later, case unfinished, with the same crystal replaced rotated by 90 degrees and running 100spd fast. After a frustrating series of phonecalls I returned it and without asking they rectified the problems and gave a "free" case refurb but changed the hands to ones that didn't match the dial lume, which looked terrible. Ended up selling the watch.

That was when I decided that Swatch are a bunch of gimps who'll never be receiving my money again - doubly so now they are restricting the supply of parts to independents.

Craftsman
    Well that told me then!

That does sound pretty poor though.....sorry you had such a bad experience

Just my experience, and at the time (5ish yrs ago) there were lots of similar stories about Swatch UK. Hopefully there has been a shift in technical/customer service provision since then because the whole experience was laughably poor.

Grand Master
    This sounds like a problem with either the autowinding (reversers sticking) or the mainspring barrel. I wouldn`t expect this given the age of the watch. The sticking date is another unusual issue which I wouldn`t expect to see.

I`m pleased to hear that Omega have agreed to sort it out for free; if they're serious about the brand image etc this is exactly the right thing to do but they should've agreed in initially without needing to be persuaded.

Paul

After the watch was returned,for a full service,they quoted srvice intervals etc,however the servive interval is 5 to 7 years on this movement and it hadn't reached this time.
    i was happy with the result and personally wouldn't hesitate to buy another Omega.