closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Does anyone have experience of Valplast partial dentures?

Does anyone have experience of Valplast partial dentures?

I had a couple of teeth extracted last September and will be having an impression made for a partial denture in a couple of weeks. I don't want the regular acrylic, I've looked at the chrome cobalt type but have also seen and read about the Valplast type. The Valplast seem to win on looks and comfort although they are not available on the NHS (or don't seem to be) unless you have an allergy to acrylic.

Does anyone have any experience of these?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    Implants out of the question? I have been to Poland for them and I can't fault the work or price.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by baldspot View Post
    Implants out of the question? I have been to Poland for them and I can't fault the work or price.
    What sort of price were you looking at?

Master
    Indeed, can you not go for implants. Mum had four done a few years back and forgets they are not her own teeth.

Mum had hers done in the UK and I think the total cost was £2-3000 per tooth.

Dreadnought sanction 2 anyone?

Journeyman
    In Poland you will buy upwards of £500 per tooth.
    I got them done a few years ago and i am very happy.

The clinic was called villa nova in warsaw.

However I have recently used these guys for some crowns and I much prefer them;
    http://www.dentaltravelpoland.co.uk. They are also in Warsaw. I went for one day full ceramic crowns and they were 50% cheaper than the UK. Only stayed overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I had a couple of teeth extracted last September and will be having an impression made for a partial denture in a couple of weeks. I don't want the regular acrylic, I've looked at the chrome cobalt type but have also seen and read about the Valplast type. The Valplast seem to win on looks and comfort although they are not available on the NHS (or don't seem to be) unless you have an allergy to acrylic.

Does anyone have any experience of these?

Eddie
    Yes, I have recently had one of these made to fill in a couple of back gaps left by 1960s butchery, oops, sorry dentistry.

Small and light and fits securely. However, mine seems to flex when I bite down on it and I'm revisiting dentist in a couple of weeks to get it refitted. I'm not wearing mine very often because of this. Also, if you've never worn dentures before learning to speak without dribbling and lisping is a challenge.

I would spend the money on implants if I was making the decision again (and I might do that anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by baldspot View Post
    In Poland you will buy upwards of £500 per tooth.
    I got them done a few years ago and i am very happy.

The clinic was called villa nova in warsaw.

However I have recently used these guys for some crowns and I much prefer them;
    http://www.dentaltravelpoland.co.uk. They are also in Warsaw. I went for one day full ceramic crowns and they were 50% cheaper than the UK. Only stayed overnight.
    Dental implants are much cheaoer abroad - until they go wrong and provided you do not need jawbone augmentation. My upper jaw implant programme commenced in December 2010 and is still ongoing after the bone augmentation failed adjacent to one of five implants. Now I have to lose two of the five implants and have four additional implants fitted further around the jaw to redistribute the load on the bridgework. And need a jaw scan to check my sinuses before revised implant treatment can recommence. My advice to anyone needing more than three implants is to have a scan done before the implants commence.

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 12th February 2013 at 11:02.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Implants are not an option without building up the bone, I had several abscesses on the molar before losing it and they eroded quite a bit of bone.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

valplasts are generally only good for smaller spaces due to the flexing - also difficult to adjust if needed

dont think you'll find any practices offering valplasts on the NHS

case dependant CoCr would be a good option

of course implants would be ideal if bone was sufficient (do not go to europe under any circumstances - unless you are happy to hop back if anything goes wrong!)
    Last edited by amalgam786; 12th February 2013 at 11:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Implants are not an option without building up the bone, I had several abscesses on the molar before losing it and they eroded quite a bit of bone.

Eddie

They use synthetic bone these days to build it up - no grafting from other areas required.

Just having a couple done in the UK after a meeting with some handlebars.

B